T1 defeats G2 in clean sweep at MSI 2024

At MSI 2024, the match between T1 and G2 was a tight one, as the European team came close to defeating the reigning world champions and securing their spot in the lower bracket. However, in their second encounter, T1 dominated G2 and swept all of their games without losing a single one.

Despite the games being closely contested and featuring many memorable moments from both teams, T1 remained focused and knew exactly how to secure victory every time. This was evident even when Hans Sama’s Draven gained momentum in Game 2 or when G2 obtained Dragon Soul in Game 3; T1 ultimately emerged as the victor.

During MSI 2024, Caps confided in me that his own performance would be the determining factor of his success and nothing else. While he did have some impressive moments during the series, it was clear that Faker outperformed him on that particular day.

Despite G2’s close performance in the previous set, the team was undoubtedly disappointed with the result. Their fans had high hopes after their impressive 3-0 victory over Top Esports, which sparked confidence that G2 would replicate their success from 2019.

Despite the members of G2 feeling defeated, Broken Blade still agreed to the interview. However, he was unable to speak when he was brought on broadcast, resulting in the abrupt termination of the interview.

Nonetheless, after gathering himself, he returned and had this to say:

“Although I had high hopes of winning, the reality is that we lost 3-0. This shows that we still have room for improvement and are not yet at the level we need to be. While this makes me sad, it also means that we have the opportunity to continue growing and becoming better.”

It is now T1’s responsibility to attempt to claim the MSI championship from two teams who have previously defeated them; Gen.G emerged victorious in the LCK Final, while BLG came out on top in their previous encounter at MSI 2024.

Despite not being able to complete the Golden Road, G2 still achieved fourth place and defeated some of the strongest teams in the world along the way.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *